Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/10/2010 11:43 PM, Adrian von Bidder wrote:

> Just speculation, I've not tried this.  Perhaps pipe the output of pg_dump
> through a software that bandwidth-limits the throughput?  (I don't know if
> such a command exists,

pv (pipe view)

Allows you to monitor rate of transfers through a pipe. Also has options
to specify max
transfer rate (-L).

It's handy for quick-n-dirty disk-rate tests - mostly only useful for
bulk read (pv /some/big/file > /dev/null)

Or monitor the progress of your dump: pg_dump <your options> | pv >
your.dump

May not be installed by default - "apt-get install pv" works for Ubuntu
but for CentOS/RHEL but you may need to get it from rpmforge or use the
source: http://www.ivarch.com/programs/pv.shtml

Cheers,
Steve