Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)

От Adrian von Bidder
Тема Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)
Дата
Re: database response slows while pg_dump is running (8.4.2)  (Aleksey Tsalolikhin <atsaloli.tech@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Heyho!

On Thursday 10 June 2010 23.49:58 Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
> 3. We ARE disk bound.  Disk utilization goes to 94% during
> the dump.  There is an order of magnitude more reads than
> writes.

Just speculation, I've not tried this.  Perhaps pipe the output of pg_dump
through a software that bandwidth-limits the throughput?  (I don't know if
such a command exists, but it probably could be done in 4 lines of Perl or
30 lines of C if necessary.)  Or are there so many buffers involved that
this would just cause data to pile up in memory, waiting to be written out?

cheers
-- vbi

--
There’s a big confusion in the terms, as the numbers used in Arabic are
the Hindu numbers and the numbers used in Latin languages are the Arabic

Вложения