Re: Moving a live production database to different server and postgres release

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Moving a live production database to different server and postgres release
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/06/2010 11:24, Ulas Albayrak wrote:

> My initial idea was to use WAL archiving to reproduce the db on the
> new server and then get it up to date with the logs from the time of
> base backup creation to the time the new server can get up. That was
> until I found out WAL archiving doesn’t work between major postgreSQL
> releases.

Slony-I (http://www.slony.info) can handle different major releases,
allowing you to switch from one server to another in seconds.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

От: Ulas Albayrak
Сообщение: Moving a live production database to different server and postgres release