Re: Postgres 8.4 segfaults on CentOS 5.5 (using EnterpriseDB installers)

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Postgres 8.4 segfaults on CentOS 5.5 (using EnterpriseDB installers)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/04/2010 06:28 PM, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:
> Hi.

>     Now we have our first CentOS 5.5 server (64-bit) and I installed
> PostgreSQL 8.4.4 using the EnterpriseDB installer, and it is unable to
> start the database instance.  If I try to start it manually, I get a
> Segmentation Fault.  I tried the 8.4.2 installer, but the installed
> binaries segfault too.  Have you seen this?  Any suggestions to
> resolve it?

> Any suggestions, please?

Since it doesn't look like anyone has jumped in with ideas I'll take
some shots in the dark. I haven't seen this issue come up before and
CentOS lags RHEL and is supposed to be basically binary-identical so I
suspect it is related something about your particular install.

Is it possible that you (perhaps as a dependency) have some parts of
PostgreSQL installed by CentOS and are experiencing conflicts.

I would both verify that you really have disabled SELinux and also try
removing all traces of all installed copy/copies of PG and installing
the (now version 8.4) PostgreSQL installation from the CentOS 5.5
distribution and see if that works then go from there.

Cheers,
Steve

От: Josh Kupershmidt
Сообщение: Re: Cognitive dissonance
От: Andrew Geery
Сообщение: full-text search configuration question