Re: WINDOWS : PostgreSQL 8.4 Server Start Error

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: WINDOWS : PostgreSQL 8.4 Server Start Error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/06/10 08:34, Zery wrote:
> All,
>

> I'm a newbie in postgresql, a few days ago i install postgresql
> 8.4.3.1 and it works fine, yesterday i install cyberlink powerdvd 9
> and after that my postgresql server cannot start, it give the
> following error info :
>
> " The postgresql-8.4 - PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service is starting....
>   The postgresql-8.4 - PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service could not be started.
>
>   The service did not report an error
>   ....................................."

Look in the Windows event log for details on why it might be failing to
start. You can find Event Viewer in Adminstrative Tools in the Control
Panel.

Also look at the PostgreSQL log files in
  C:\Program Files\postgresql\8.4\data\pg_log
(I think that path is right, by default anyway) and see if there's
anything useful there.

I wouldn't be too surprised to find that PowerDVD has installed
something it shouldn't into C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32.

--
Craig Ringer