Re: Exposing the Xact commit order to the user

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Exposing the Xact commit order to the user
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> wrote:
> what kind of interface you need
For the potential uses I can see, it would be great to have a SRF
which took two parameters: xid of last known commit and a limit how
many commits past that to return.  Perhaps a negative number could
move earlier in time, if that seems reasonable to others.  I think
that's also consistent with Jan's posts.  A GUC to enable it and
some way to specify retention (or force cleanup) are the only other
user-facing features which come to mind for me.  (Not sure what form
that last should take, but didn't Jan say something about both of
these early in the thread?)
Do you see a need for something else (besides, obviously, docs)?
-Kevin

От: Dan Colish
Сообщение: Re: SET CONSTRAINTS todo
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Did we really want to force an initdb in beta2?