Re: Did we really want to force an initdb in beta2?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Did we really want to force an initdb in beta2?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> On Jun 3, 2010, at 19:00 , Tom Lane wrote:
>> Maybe we should just get rid of the hint.

> FYI, Robert Haas suggested the same in the thread that lead to this patch being applied. The arguments against doing
thatis that a real crash during recovery *is* something to be quite alarmed about.

After some discussion among core we're going to leave it as-is.  Anybody
who doesn't want to initdb for beta2 can test out pg_upgrade ;-)

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Exposing the Xact commit order to the user
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Exposing the Xact commit order to the user