Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems

От: Mark Kirkwood
Тема: Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood, )
 Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood, )
   Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ, )
  Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Mark Kirkwood, )
 Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Alan Hodgson, )
  Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems  (Wales Wang, )

On 03/06/10 02:53, Alan Hodgson wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 June 2010, Mark Kirkwood<>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm helping set up a Red Hat 5.5 system for Postgres. I was going to
>> recommend xfs for the filesystem - however it seems that xfs is
>> supported as a technology preview "layered product" for 5.5. This
>> apparently means that the xfs tools are only available via special
>> channels.
>>
>> What are Red Hat using people choosing for a good performing filesystem?
>>

> I've run PostgreSQL on XFS on CentOS for years. It works well. Make sure you
> have a good battery-backed RAID controller under it (true for all
> filesystems).

Thanks - yes, left to myself I would consider using Centos instead.
However os choice is prescribed in this case I believe.

Cheers

Mark