Re: What is field separator?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: What is field separator?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tena Sakai wrote:
> I got it to work by emulating what you wrote.
> But I think you meant -A, not -At below.
>
>>> psql -c "select name,setting from pg_settings limit 1" -d postgres -At
>>> -F $'\t'

You had -t in your original to turn off the display of column names and
the counts at the end, and -A is the shortcut for what you had as "-P
'format=unaligned'".  I throw "-At" into almost every use of psql from a
bash script I do, that's the usual combination that gets the basic
format to be right; then tweak things like the field separator afterwards.