Re: What is field separator?

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: What is field separator?
Дата
Re: What is field separator?  (Tena Sakai <tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu>)
Список pgsql-admin
Tena Sakai ha scritto:
> Can somebody please tell me what “|” is called in my example above?
> And is it possible to change it from “|” to something else for
> display purpose?
The field separatore in psql is used only when the format is "unaligned"
(which does not happen to be default).

In order for it to be effective, you need to type in psql:

\pset format unaligned
\pset fieldsep '\t'

This will give you an output with columns that are separated by tab.

However, I suggest that you look at the documentation for more options
and ways to achive the same results:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-psql.html

Cheers,
Gabriele

--
 Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
 gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

От: Tena Sakai
Сообщение: What is field separator?
От: "Abraham, Danny"
Сообщение: How do I elimitae ANY loggin to Windows Eventlog - event the logger shutdown msg? 8.2.4.