Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Дата
Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> What's poor about it? It probably comes from PLSQL which in turn got it
> from Ada, so they aren't just making this up. I agree it's inconvenient
> for us, but that's a different issue.

Further, the
( parameter := value ) notation is not only consistent with what is used
inside pl/pgsql, it's also more consistent than "AS" with SQL Server's
named parameter notation, which is:

EXEC dbo.GetItemPrice @ItemCode = 'GXKP', @PriceLevel = 5

Since former SQL Server / Sybase apps are the most likely to use named
parameter notation in PostgreSQL, having a syntax which could be ported
using only "sed" would be nice.

Relevant to the whole discussion, though ... is the conflicting SQL
standard syntax something we're every likely to implement?

--                                   -- Josh Berkus                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                           http://www.pgexperts.com