Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Since former SQL Server / Sybase apps are the most likely to use named
> parameter notation in PostgreSQL, having a syntax which could be ported
> using only "sed" would be nice.

I fear you're vastly overestimating the ability of sed to distinguish
between = used in this way and = used in any other way.  Still, putting
the parameter name on the left is clearly both more natural and more
like every other product.