Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: functional call named notation clashes with SQL feature
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27/05/10 10:16, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2010/5/27 Heikki Linnakangas<heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>:

>>> I don't see any advantage of "FOR".
>>
>> Any advantage over AS? It doesn't clash with the "foo AS bar" syntax that
>> the standard is using for something completely different, as Peter pointed
>> out in the original post.
>
> No, standard knows "AS" in different context. In param list standard
> doesn't use keyword "AS".

As Peter pointed out in the original post, according to the standard
"function(foo AS bar)" means something else than what we have now.
Please re-read the original post.

>>> We can change ir to support new  standard or don't change it.
>>
>> What new standard?
>
> ANSI SQL 2011

Oh, does that have something to say about named parameters? Is the draft
publicly available somewhere?