Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables

От: Joachim Worringen
Тема: Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
 Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
  Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
   Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Thom Brown, )
    Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
   Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Andres Freund, )
    Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
     Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Joachim Worringen, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  (Rob Wultsch, )
      Re: performance of temporary vs. regular tables  ("Pierre C", )

Am 25.05.2010 10:49, schrieb Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz:
> temporary tables are handled pretty much like the regular table. The
> magic happens on schema level, new schema is setup for connection, so
> that it can access its own temporary tables.
> Temporary tables also are not autovacuumed.
> And that's pretty much the most of the differences.

Thanks. So, the Write-Ahead-Logging (being used or not) does not matter?

And, is there anything like RAM-only tables? I really don't care whether
the staging data is lost on the rare event of a machine crash, or
whether the query crashes due to lack of memory (I make sure there's
enough w/o paging) - I only care about performance here.

  Joachim

Сообщение: Re: Query timing increased from 3s to 55s when used as a function instead of select
Сообщение: Re: Query timing increased from 3s to 55s when used as a function instead of select