Re: pg_upgrade and extra_float_digits

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and extra_float_digits
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> Maybe I have misunderstood. How exactly is the server version being
>> hacked here? I know it's only for testing, but it still seems to me that
>> lying to a program as heavily version dependant as pg_dump is in general
>> a bad idea.
>>

> The code in pg_dump 9.0 is:
>
>     /*
>      * If supported, set extra_float_digits so that we can dump float data
>      * exactly (given correctly implemented float I/O code, anyway)
>      */
>     if (g_fout->remoteVersion >= 90000)
>         do_sql_command(g_conn, "SET extra_float_digits TO 3");
>     else if (g_fout->remoteVersion >= 70400)
> -->     do_sql_command(g_conn, "SET extra_float_digits TO 2");
>
> The indicated line had to be changed to '3'.  I did not change anything
> else, and it was only done in my private CVS tree.

Oh, I see. It is pg_dump that you hacked. That wasn't clear to me from
what you first said.

But do earlier server versions accept a value of 3? The 8.4 docs say
"The value can be set as high as 2".

cheers

andrew

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Performance problem in textanycat/anytextcat
Сообщение: Re: Performance problem in textanycat/anytextcat