Re: Insert Ignore or something similar...

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: Insert Ignore or something similar...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 5, 2005, at 10:51 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 10:35:49PM -0500, Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:
>
>> I don't think any such behavior exists in PostgreSQL, and based on a
>> reading of the behavior in MySQL, I can't imagine it ever existing
>> considering the preference of PostgreSQL developers for correct (and
>> sane) behavior. INSERT IGNORE seems like a foot-cannon...
>>

> What is it supposed to do?  If ignoring errors is the behavior
> Cristian
> wants, it's possible to do with savepoints (or PL/pgSQL exceptions).

Yeah, I think savepoints might be his best bet. It sounded like he
was explicitly trying to avoid PL/pgSQL.

Cristian, here's a pointer to the SAVEPOINT docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-savepoint.html

I was mostly remarking that I couldn't envision a flipped switch for
incorrect/non-standard INSERT behavior.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect