Re: Insert Ignore or something similar...

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Insert Ignore or something similar...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 10:35:49PM -0500, Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:
> I don't think any such behavior exists in PostgreSQL, and based on a
> reading of the behavior in MySQL, I can't imagine it ever existing
> considering the preference of PostgreSQL developers for correct (and
> sane) behavior. INSERT IGNORE seems like a foot-cannon...

What is it supposed to do?  If ignoring errors is the behavior Cristian
wants, it's possible to do with savepoints (or PL/pgSQL exceptions).

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"People get annoyed when you try to debug them."  (Larry Wall)

Сообщение: Re: Insert Ignore or something similar...
Сообщение: Re: Insert Ignore or something similar...