Logging parameters

От Maria L. Wilson
Тема Logging parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Trying to do some modifications to the amount of logging that our
postgres database server (8.4 on linux) does on our production servers
and had a few questions that I hope someone would clear up.

Basically - in production, it would be nice to limit some of the logging
and let the dev/test database servers be the most verbose.  It was my
understanding that I could do this by  setting
log_min_duration_statement to some large interval and I would not see
all the other SQL.  This does not seem to be the case.  What it looks
like it's doing is just not showing the duration of the SQL unless it is
longer than this parameter.   What I'm trying to do is limit what is
logged on production to be only the necessary stuff....

Here's my parameters currently.....

#client_min_messages = notice
#log_min_messages = notice
#log_error_verbosity = default          # terse, default, or verbose
messages
#log_min_error_statement = error
log_min_duration_statement = 2000  # -1 is disabled, 0 logs all statements
                                        # and their durations.
#silent_mode = off
debug_pretty_print = on
log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_duration = on
log_line_prefix = '%u %h %m [%p] [%d] '         # Special values:
log_statement = 'all'                   # none, ddl, mod, all

Could you all give me some recommendations??

thanks!!

Maria Wilson
NASA/Langley Research Center
Hampton, Virginia 23681