Re: no universally correct setting for fsync

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: no universally correct setting for fsync
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/05/2010 1:56 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> I never meant to suggest any statement in that section is factually
>> wrong; it's just all too rosy, leading people to believe it's no big
>> deal to turn it off.
>
> Yeah, that section is overdue for an update. I'll write some new text
> and post it to pgsql-docs.

It's probably worth mentioning that people who want to turn off fsync to
gain a performance boost should instead look at a RAID controller with a
BBU so they can safely enable write-back caching, getting most of the
benefits of fsync=off safely.

--
Craig Ringer