Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:
> That's very likely to fail, and worse to do so silently, because 8.3
> pg_dump doesn't know what's different about 8.4 system catalogs.
> I think your only real recourse in this situation is to do a plain dump
> from the 8.4 server (with 8.4 pg_dump) and then manually edit the dump
> script to remove any 8.4-only syntax.

I tried not to sound optimistic about it working.  Thought it might be
worth a shot though, on the possibility that a simple schema might not
trip over any of the 8.4 catalog changes.  Another idea here, along the
path of manually editing dumps, is to dump from both 8.3 and 8.4 clients
and look at the difference between the two, to help get an idea what
changed syntax is responsible for the problems.

Сообщение: Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3
Сообщение: Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3