Re: Deactivated options

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Deactivated options
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

Le 20/04/2010 22:47, Jan-Peter Seifert a écrit :
> [...]
> there are two dialogues in pgAdmin III where buttons get deactivated for
> no obvious reasons.
>
> Backup:
> If a schema is chosen for backup the BLOB option is greyed out.

Yes. We only enable it if you want to save the entire database and if
you choose a custom or tar dump.

As a matter of fact, this is kind of weird. Since pg_dump has a --blobs
command line option, it defaults to on, unless you want to save a
specific object. In that latter case, you can use --blobs to force
saving Large Objects with it. Yet another bug fix is needed, I suppose.

> However,
> according to the docs (
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/app-pgdump.html ) BLOBs are
> only being dumped if using the "--blobs" switch in this case. During a
> quick check I didn't find a case where a schema dump with the blobs
> switch on is larger than the dump without this switch though.

Right. Surely because you don't have Large Objects.

> Aren't toasted values affected by this setting?

Nope. You use --blobs if you want to save Large Objects. Text or bytea
columns, in the HEAP or TOAST table, are always saved.

> Query tool:
> If using the 'output to file' option the 'OK' button is greyed out if
> leaving the delimiter field blank and choosing 'no quotes'. At the
> latest this happens when the dialogue is being opened again. However,
> sometimes I need these settings and I have to click around to activate
> the button again and to save without delimiters and quotes.

You mean the "export dialog"? I don't have the issue with it. Will look
into this anyways.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com