Re: "1-Click" installer problems

От Nikhil G. Daddikar
Тема Re: "1-Click" installer problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 07-04-2010 10:04, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Nikhil G. Daddikar wrote:
>

>> I have tried earlier versions of 8.4 installer on Vista x32 and they'd
>> failed too. But let me try the latest installer again. I will let you know.
>>
> Any luck with the call?  Or are we still at "it doesn't work on your
> systems or some others but does on many, and we don't know why yet"?

Yes, that's the current state. They found that the problem was with the
initcluster.vbs file and gave me a new file to run manually. I did and
it worked. They then gave me an updated installer with this new file.
However, it failed again in the same file. I ran that same file manually
again and it worked. Apparently there is a problem creating a
'FileSystemObject' from the installer.

We are going to have a webex session in a couple of hours where their
engineers will try out various things. I will post the results once I
have something concrete.

Thanks for your interest.

-ngd.