Re: *.pugs.postgresql.org - staging, dev

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: *.pugs.postgresql.org - staging, dev
Дата
Re: *.pugs.postgresql.org - staging, dev  (Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-www
Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Could we get a DNS wildcard set up for *.pugs.postgresql.org so that
> we can do things like:
>
> staging.pugs.postgresql.org
> dev.pugs.postgresql.org

if we are only talking those 2 records I would prefer using explicit A
records.
The problems (from a sysadmin perspective) with wildcard records are
that we have rather limited control on what is actually getting created
under a postgresql.org subdomain and just in case we will have to
cleanup in a few years from now we will not have any idea on what
hostnames were actually in use.

> This is to further the work of making pugs not suck, and thus
> supportable by our sysadmin team.

we also need to make our DNS not suck :)

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: