Re: Database level encryption

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Database level encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Timothy Madden <terminatorul@gmail.com> wrote:

>> My scenario is how to protect the database if the machine is
>> stolen (it is a mini-laptop), and I would like to encrypt the
>> entire database, that is all columns of all tables, and if
>> possible everything else found in the database.
>>
>> I would like all searching and sorting functions, just like with
>> a normal database (that is, transparent encryption for the
>> application level). The password will be entered by a human in
>> order to start the application.

> Everything you've said so far points to using a mounted encrypted
> drive to store the db.

Agreed.  I know you explicitly said you didn't want to use that in
your original post, but you didn't say why.  I don't think you're
going to convince anyone here to put effort into something you can
configure to "just work" with so little trouble on existing systems,
without a really good argument.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Database level encryption
Сообщение: Re: Database level encryption