Re: "1-Click" installer problems

От Nikhil G. Daddikar
Тема Re: "1-Click" installer problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter,

> Are you sure about that? Have you actually tested that? Even if you
> find that the old 8.3 pginstaller works where the EDB installer
> failed, that doesn't actually demonstrate that pginstaller is
> inherently superior to the EDB installer. It is likely due to a fluke.
> Perhaps it is down to something vestigial from pginstaller remaining.

All I am saying is that the folks check out what the diff between EDB
and the "old" installer is without jumping to conclusions about APPDATA
or whatever because the old installer worked. Maybe it is a fluke but
isn't it worth investigating in order to fix the installer?

> Your incredible sense of entitlement is very irritating. Your unctuous
> statement that "Evangelizing PGSQL was a mistake", as if you expect a
> contrite letter, is just too much to bear.
>    You're the one with the big ego. I think that people's responses so
> far have been very subdued, considering how obnoxious you've been. In
> your first e-mail, you called the EDB one click installer "a scam".

Sometimes we say things that we don't actually mean and this was one of
them. I understand I have hurt some folks and I ask forgiveness from all
of them.

I look forward to working with EDB and help them in fixing the issues.

-n.