Re: Live sort-of-'warehousing' database how-to?

От Mario Splivalo
Тема Re: Live sort-of-'warehousing' database how-to?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Igor Neyman wrote:

> Partition your MESSAGES table by week or month  (read on table
> partitioning in PG docs).
>
> Pg_dump "old" purtitions from "current" server, when they are not needed
> any more.
> Move backups of dumped partitions to your "auxilary" server, and
> pg_restore them there.

Hm. I never actually wanted to use partitioning (and I always thought my
databases are small in size and don't need partitioning) because of what
seems to be awful overhead of maintaining insert rules or insert
triggers. But your idea sound plausible for exactly what i need.
The only problem is that on the "auxiliary" server I wouldn't have the
last month/week or so, and I'd love to so every day or maybe every hour.
Will see, thank you! :)

    Mike