pgindent excluded files list

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема pgindent excluded files list
Дата
Re: pgindent excluded files list  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I propose that we create a file containing the list of patterns to
exclude from pgindent runs. It would look like this:
   #list of file patterns to exclude from pg_indent runs   /s_lock\.h$   /ecpg/test/expected/   /snowball/libstemmer/
/ecpg/include/(sqlda|sqltypes)\.h$  /ecpg/include/preproc/struct\.h$   /pl/plperl/ppport\.h$

Then a pgindent run would look like this:
   find . -name '*.[ch]' -type f -print | \   egrep -v -f src/tools/pgindent/exclude_files | \   xargs -n100 pgindent
src/tools/pgindent/typedefs.list

which is shorter and more efficient and less error prone than the way it's done in the current instructions (which puts
thepatterns to be excluded in a series of egrep pipes).

Thoughts?

cheers

andrew