Re: Any good olap benchmarks?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Any good olap benchmarks?
Дата
PgPool-II - does it do re-connect?
Список pgsql-admin
Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
> I'm searching for any good OLAP-like benchmark: I need some benchmark
> with complex selects run on 10-30G dataset, something like this:
> http://www.percona.com/docs/wiki/benchmark:wikistat:start, but this is
> only a draft and would only be released for mysql.

I already intended to convert and run Vadim's Wikipedia statistics
benchmark when I get to it; as we're busy getting the next PostgreSQL
release out the door right now I just haven't gotten to it yet.  I
expect we can get that added into their mix on the same hardware once
I'm done.

I've linked to everything I'm aware of at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Category:Benchmarking and the TPC-H page
has probably the most relevant information for OLAP.  PostgreSQL doesn't
do particularly well on OLAP benchmarks yet due to how queries are
limited by a single processor, making it hard to get excited about
publishing the results.

Greenplum ran some interesting tests of their own software against
PostgreSQL at http://community.greenplum.com/showthread.php?t=113 you
might find interesting.  That includes a fairly easy to use TPC-H like
test kit program, and by showing where they did much better is suggest
the areas that community Postgres struggles relative to software that
handles parallel query across multiple cores/servers.