Re: Virtualization vs. sharing a server

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Virtualization vs. sharing a server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Gould wrote:

> I don't know why virtualization is considered a no-no...Since these
> are all quad core with 32 gig running Windows 2003 64 bit, we can run
> about 100 users concurrently on each application server before we
> start to see a strain.

You answered your own question here.  Ramiro is looking for suggestions
for how to scale up to >500 connections at once, and it's not that
likely virtualization can fill any useful role in that context.  If
you're happy with 100, sure you can deploy on VMware ESX and have that
work.  There are performance vs. manageability tradeoffs when deciding
if virtualized deployment makes sense, and for smaller workloads it's
easy to dismiss the performance side of things as not a limiting factor
and therefore favor VMs.

Сообщение: Re: Virtualization vs. sharing a server
Сообщение: Re: Virtualization vs. sharing a server