Making connections to postgres under FreeBSD

От Sill-II, Stephen
Тема Making connections to postgres under FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Quick question. I'm very familiar with setting postgresql up under linux.
I recently installed it on a FreeBSD box, and I'm having trouble making
TCP/IP connections to it.  I have set it to allow those connections under
the postgresql.conf file, and it's listening on the proper port.  When I try
to connect with PG admin from remotely it says there is no entry for my IP
address in pg_hba.conf.  The problem with this is that there IS an entry for
my IP.

I'm using the canned BSD install of postgres 7.4

I'm sure this is just silly.

Below is my pg_hba.conf

Thanks,

Stephen Sill II

P.S.  Greatbridge was the best!
________________________

# Authentication" for a complete description.  A short synopsis
# follows.
#
# This file controls: which hosts are allowed to connect, how clients
# are authenticated, which PostgreSQL user names they can use, which
# databases they can access.  Records take one of three forms:
#
# local    DATABASE  USER  METHOD  [OPTION]
# host     DATABASE  USER  IP-ADDRESS  IP-MASK  METHOD  [OPTION]
# hostssl  DATABASE  USER  IP-ADDRESS  IP-MASK  METHOD  [OPTION]
#
# (The uppercase quantities should be replaced by actual values.)
# DATABASE can be "all", "sameuser", "samegroup", a database name (or
# a comma-separated list thereof), or a file name prefixed with "@".
# USER can be "all", an actual user name or a group name prefixed with
# "+" or a list containing either.  IP-ADDRESS and IP-MASK specify the
# set of hosts the record matches.  METHOD can be "trust", "reject",
# "md5", "crypt", "password", "krb4", "krb5", "ident", or "pam".  Note
# that "password" uses clear-text passwords; "md5" is preferred for
# encrypted passwords.  OPTION is the ident map or the name of the PAM
# service.
#
# This file is read on server startup and when the postmaster receives
# a SIGHUP signal.  If you edit the file on a running system, you have
# to SIGHUP the postmaster for the changes to take effect, or use
# "pg_ctl reload".

# Put your actual configuration here
# ----------------------------------
#
# CAUTION: The default configuration allows any local user to connect
# using any PostgreSQL user name, including the superuser, over either
# Unix-domain sockets or TCP/IP.  If you are on a multiple-user
# machine, the default configuration is probably too liberal for you.
# Change it to use something other than "trust" authentication.
#
# If you want to allow non-local connections, you need to add more
# "host" records.  Also, remember TCP/IP connections are only enabled
# if you enable "tcpip_socket" in postgresql.conf.

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK           METHOD
local   all             all
trust
host    all             all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255
trust
host    all             all         MYIPADDRESS    255.255.255.255
trust
host    all             all         ::1
ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff        trust