Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le 19/03/2010 15:39, Julius Tuskenis a écrit :
> 2010.03.19 16:20, Guillaume Lelarge rašė:
>> Yes. It would also be easier to debug.
>>
> I guess so, but is there no way to tell the postgres that I'm listing
> the field names and there is no place for a parameter in that list... I
> tried using INSERT INTO table(table.column .... syntax, but postgres
> does not accept that.

No, there's no way.

> When you write a new function it is not hard to pick the parameter names
> you want, but when editing it you have to play with what you have and
> sometimes it's a pain....

I always add prefix to work around this (p_user for example).

> One more question Is there a way to use INSERT INTO table($1....
> syntax?? I can't think of such case. Can you provide an example?

You'll find examples and explanations in the fine manual:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/plpgsql-statements.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-EXECUTING-DYN

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Сообщение: Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql
Сообщение: Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql