Re: [ADMIN] Partitions

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> On Nov 9, 2017, at 18:41, John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Set up a trigger on insert to check for the existence of the partition table, then it could do the insert there or
createthe table if needed and insert. Look online. I know I’ve seen examples of this.

Be careful here, these solutions generally take a massive performance hit. The best method is the native pg_partman
function.It includes a built-in scheduler so that you don’t need to rely on an external tool like cron.

> —
> Jay
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Nov 9, 2017, at 6:28 PM, rammohan ganapavarapu <rammohanganap@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a requirement to create monthly partitions in my db, i am trying to understand what is the best way to do it,
iknow i can run a cron job to check if partition exist and create if not at the starting of month. Any suggestions?