Re: TCP keepalive support for libpq

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: TCP keepalive support for libpq
Дата
Re: TCP keepalive support for libpq
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've sometimes wondered why keepalives aren't the default for all
> TCP connections.  They seem like they're usually a Good Thing
> (TM), but I wonder if we can think of any situations where someone
> might not want them?
I think it's insane not to use them at all, but there are valid use
cases for different timings.  Personally, I'd be happy to see a
default of sending them if a connection is idle for two minutes, but
those people who create 2000 lightly used connections to the
database might feel differently.
-Kevin

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove old-style VACUUM FULL (which was known for a little while
От: Koichi Suzuki
Сообщение: Bug on pg_lesslog