Re: perf problem with huge table

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: perf problem with huge table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
rama wrote:
> in that way, when i need to do a query for a long ranges  (ie: 1 year) i just take the rows that are contained to
contab_y
> if i need to got a query for a couple of days, i can go on ymd, if i need to get some data for the other timeframe, i
cando some cool intersection between
> the different table using some huge (but fast) queries.
>
> Now, the matter is that this design is hard to mantain, and the tables are difficult to check

You sound like you're trying to implement something like materialized
views one at a time; have you considered adopting the more general
techniques used to maintain those so that you're not doing custom
development each time for the design?

http://tech.jonathangardner.net/wiki/PostgreSQL/Materialized_Views
http://www.pgcon.org/2008/schedule/events/69.en.html

I think that sort of approach is more practical than it would have been
for you in MySQL, so maybe this wasn't on your list of possibilities before.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com