Re: Is there a schema parameter for the jdbc URL ?

От Sven Hafner
Тема Re: Is there a schema parameter for the jdbc URL ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Thanks
I came across the same old post (which goes back as far as 2002..)
I use the search_path feature as well.

Scenario A:
2 web applications using the same EJB (which has a fix user to access
the DB) want to access same db instance but different schema,
like 2 customer use 2 instances of same webapp sharing DB (split in 2
schema)
(using different jndi/jdbc names could access different schema)

Scenario B:
for a major DB migration could keep the old tables online in schema 1
and migrate data into schema 2. could easily fall back if migration
fails (just by pointing jndi names forth and back)

Sven