Re: 100% of CPU utilization postgres process

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: 100% of CPU utilization postgres process
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hashimoto Yuya wrote:
Judging from the result, I could see that stats collector process caused this unusually high CPU utilization rate.
I found similar problem at http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-06/msg00934.php, although there seemed
no clear cause proven nor the statement that it's because of postgres bug.

Right, that thread concluded with http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-06/msg01026.php where Tom suggested it looked like a FreeBSD bug on that version.  I just poked around a bit, and there do seem to have been a number of bugs in their poll() implementation in various versions of that OS, so it seems reasonable this is just another one of those.

Note sure if Depez is reading this list or not, just added him to the cc list here.  Herbert, did you ever get anywhere with tracking this issue down?

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com