Re: 100% of CPU utilization postgres process

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: 100% of CPU utilization postgres process
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 05:12:51PM -0500, Greg Smith wrote:
> Hashimoto Yuya wrote:
> > Judging from the result, I could see that stats collector process
> > caused this unusually high CPU utilization rate.
> > I found similar problem at
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-06/msg00934.php,
> > although there seemed
> > no clear cause proven nor the statement that it's because of postgres bug.
>
> Right, that thread concluded with
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-06/msg01026.php where
> Tom suggested it looked like a FreeBSD bug on that version. I just poked
> around a bit, and there do seem to have been a number of bugs in their
> poll() implementation in various versions of that OS, so it seems
> reasonable this is just another one of those.
>
> Note sure if Depez is reading this list or not, just added him to the cc
> list here. Herbert, did you ever get anywhere with tracking this issue down?

No. The database was of friend of a friend, and afair they upgraded, and
afterwards they didn't contact me back.

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz@depesz.com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: dynamic crosstab
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Variadic polymorpic functions