Re: warn in plperl logs as... NOTICE??

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: warn in plperl logs as... NOTICE??
Дата
Re: warn in plperl logs as... NOTICE??  (Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@pobox.com>)
Re: warn in plperl logs as... NOTICE??  (Alexey Klyukin <alexk@waki.ru>)
Re: warn in plperl logs as... NOTICE??  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>> Jim Nasby wrote:
>>
>>> Why does warn; in plperl log as NOTICE in Postgres?
>>>

>> Where would you like the warning to go? This has been this way for
>> nearly 5 years, it's not new (and before that the warning didn't go
>> anywhere).
>>

> I think he's suggesting that it ought to translate as elog(WARNING)
> not elog(NOTICE).

*shrug* I don't have a strong opinion about it, and it's pretty easy to
change, if there's a consensus we should. I have certainly found over
the years that perl warnings from some modules can be annoyingly
verbose, which is probably why the original patch didn't make them have
a higher level in Postgres. If this were a big issue we'd have surely
heard about it before now - there are plenty of plperl users out there.

cheers

andrew