Re: please help

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: please help
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shu Ho wrote:
> Dear sir,
> I need to install postgresql in unix solaris, can you please help with
> the config file set up and more detail set up instructions.

Solaris 10 comes with several versions of PostgreSQL.  if you have a
reasonably recent release of sol10, you should have 8.3.x, and you need
merely...

    # cat /etc/release
                      Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC
           Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                            Assembled 27 October 2008

    # svcadm enable svc:/application/database/postgresql_83:default_64bit

to start it (this also autostarts it on future reboots).   initdb is run
automatically on the first start, this can take a minute or so, use

    # svcs -xv

to check on the status (if its listed as disabled or maintenance, then
you need to debug why it didn't start)

The configuration files and database files are created by default in
/var/postgres/8.3/data_64
if you wish to put it somewhere else, before starting it for the first
time, use...

    # svccfg -s svc:/application/database/postgresql_83:default_64bit
setprop postgresql_83/data /path/to/new/data

(making sure this path is owned by and writable by user postgres (90:90)

to re-load the config files, use...

    # svcadm refresh svc:/application/database/postgresql_83:default_64bit

to restart it (stop/start), use...

    # svcadm restart svc:/application/database/postgresql_83:default_64bit

Put /usr/postgres/8.3/bin/64/ first in the path of any user who is going
to run postgres software via ~/.profile.   link your postgres client
programs with /usr/postgres/8.3/lib/64/libpq.so