Re: Permission; select currval('seq')

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Permission; select currval('seq')
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 02 January 2010 2:44:34 pm Ivan K wrote:
> I need to have members of a particular user
> group insert rows into a table and then determine the
> recently inserted statement's primary key that was
> created from a sequence with the currval() function:
>
>    select currval('bla_bla_id_seq');
>
> I have been unable to set these permissions.
> I am using 8.1.15 and as the db superuser "postgres".
> I execute the following:
>

>   test=# CREATE GROUP test_group_01;
>   CREATE ROLE
>
>   test=# ALTER GROUP test_group_01 ADD USER ivan;
>   ALTER ROLE
>
>   test=# CREATE TABLE bla (bla_id serial);
>   NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "bla_bla_id_seq"
>   for serial column "bla.bla_id"
>   CREATE TABLE
>
>   test=# GRANT USAGE ON SEQUENCE bla_bla_id_seq TO GROUP test_group_01;
>   ERROR:  syntax error at or near "bla_bla_id_seq" at character 25
>   LINE 1: GRANT USAGE ON SEQUENCE bla_bla_id_seq TO GROUP
>   test_group_0...
>                                   ^
>   test=# GRANT SELECT ON bla TO GROUP test_group_01;
>   GRANT
>   test=# GRANT INSERT ON bla TO GROUP test_group_01;
>   GRANT
>
>   test=# GRANT USAGE ON SEQUENCE bla_bla_id_seq TO GROUP test_group_01;
>   ERROR:  syntax error at or near "bla_bla_id_seq" at character 25
>   LINE 1: GRANT USAGE ON SEQUENCE bla_bla_id_seq TO GROUP
>   test_group_0...
>
> Why is the "GRANT USAGE ON SEQUENCE" statement failing?
> User "ivan" can insert and update table "bla" but cannot execute
> "select currval('bla_bla_id_seq');" What does the db superuser
> need to execute?
>
> Thank you for your help!

From here;
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-grant.html

GRANT USAGE is for procedural languages and SCHEMA.

You will need to use the GRANT SELECT|INSERT ON  TABLE bla_bla_id_seq form.
Sequences being a type of table and not having their own GRANT form until later
versions.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net