Re: ident authentication over tcp

От Milen A. Radev
Тема Re: ident authentication over tcp
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Peter Koczan написа:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:25 PM,  <lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de> wrote:
>> This looks like you have no ident server running...
>>
>> I guess you must install it first in recent distros, as there is not much
>> use of ident anymore. So you have to search the packages for your OS.
>
> I found the packages. I'm still confused why local ident
> authentication works even without a running ident server, though. Does
> anyone know why that is?

If by "local ident" you mean "when connecting thru unix-domain
sockets" then read here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/auth-methods.html#AEN28519

--
Milen A. Radev

От: Adam Tauno Williams
Сообщение: Re: ident authentication over tcp
От: DM
Сообщение: Install compat-postgresql-libs-debuginfo on postgres 8.3.8 without using RPM