Re: get the copy of a schema

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: get the copy of a schema
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 23/11/2009 18:58, vani shree wrote:

> How to set the permissions.This is what i tried.
>
> The pgadmin is install in c://drive.So I set the PG bin path as C:\Program
> Files\pgAdmin III\1.10.

Hi Vani,

*Please* keep your replies on-list - see my last email.

The path above has to point to wherever there's a local copy of pg_dump.
Is pg_dump.exe in that directory?

Bear in mind too that pg_dump.exe depends on a number of other DLL
files, which need to be in the same directory or on the system path. I
don't know if this makes a difference to whether "backup" is greyed out
or not.

Anyway, have you located pg_dump.exe? If you haven't got it on the local
machine, then you can get it here:
 http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows

Under "One-click installer", look for the line beginning "Advanced
users..." which has a link to a zip with just the binaries. This archive
includes quite a bit more than you need, but when you unpack it all the
"bin" subdirectory contain pg_dump and all the DLLs it needs (as well as
a whole heap of other stuff).

> The database name is unique_manage The permission to this database is
>
> CREATE DATABASE unique_manage
>
> WITH OWNER = dbuser
>
> ENCODING = 'SQL_ASCII'
>
> CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;
>
> GRANT ALL ON DATABASE unique_manage TO dbuser WITH GRANT OPTION;

I was actually referring to filesystem permissions which would allow the
logged-in user to execute pg_dump. Anyway, once you do locate
pg_dump.exe, try running that from the command line:
 pg_dump -U dbuser -h <server address> unique_manage > dump.sql

See pg_dump --help for the various options.

If this works, I don't see why it woudn't work from within pgAdmin also.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie