Re: Postgres query completion status?

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Postgres query completion status?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Richard Neill wrote:
> Am I missing something though, or is this project dormant, without
> having released any files?

My bad--gave you the wrong url.
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=pg_top.git;a=summary has the project
I meant to point you toward.

> What I really want to know is, how far through that query has it got?
> (For example, if the query is an update, then surely it knows how many
> rows have been updated, and how many are yet to go).
I understand what you want.  The reason you're not getting any
suggestions is because that just isn't exposed in PostgreSQL yet.
Clients ask for queries to be run, eventually they get rows of results
back, but there's no notion of how many they're going to get in advance
or how far along they are in executing the query's execution plan.
There's a couple of academic projects that have started exposing more of
the query internals, but I'm not aware of anyone who's even started
moving in the direction of what you'd need to produce a progress bar.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Richard Neill
Сообщение: Re: Postgres query completion status?
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Postgres query completion status?