Re: Postgres query completion status?

От Richard Neill
Тема Re: Postgres query completion status?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Justin Pitts wrote:
> Set work_mem in postgresql.conf down to what the 200 clients need, which
> sounds to me like the default setting.
>
> In the session which needs more work_mem, execute:
> SET SESSION work_mem TO '256MB'

Isn't that terribly ugly? It seems to me less hackish to rely on the
many clients not to abuse work_mem (as we know exactly what query they
will run, we can be sure it won't happen).

It's a shame that the work_mem parameter is a per-client one, rather
than a single big pool.

Richard

Сообщение: Re: Postgres query completion status?
Сообщение: Re: Postgres query completion status?