Re: pg_attribute size

От Naomi Walker
Тема Re: pg_attribute size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We dump and vacuum every database every evening, so we can control
when the vacuums occur.

How does one vacuum the system catalogs?  By each tablename pg_*?

Thanks,
Naomi

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Anj Adu <fotographs@gmail.com> writes:
>>> We have several partitioned tables that get dropped every day ..We do
>>> not do autovacuum as it is an IO hog (and most tables are dropped
>>> anyways..and the large tables are never updated)..
>> If you're not going to run autovacuum then that means *you* must take
>> responsibility for vacuuming everything on a reasonable schedule.
>> That includes the system catalogs.  I think you'd be better off taking
>> the effort to learn to tune autovacuum to fit your requirements.
>>
>>                        regards, tom lane

Naomi Walker                          Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc               nwalker@eldocomp.com
   ---An Mphasis Company               602-604-3100
The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do,
something to love and something to hope for.
- Joseph Addison

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or its Customers and is intended for use only by
theindividual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
exemptfrom disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this e-mail has
beenforwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in
anymanner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster@mphasis.com and delete this
mailfrom your records.