Seek info on 7.4.23 server/8.1.1 psql compatibility issues.

От Ken Banyas
Тема Seek info on 7.4.23 server/8.1.1 psql compatibility issues.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

I have a functioning 7.4.23 server on Debian 4, 32-bit.

I connect fine using 7.4.23 remote clients.

Remote connections from an 8.1.1 psql client on SUSE, 64-bit, hang after
the password prompt appears and a password is entered.

However, the 7.4.23 server log indicates that a valid connection was made.

Network connectivity otherwise between the two computers is normal.

Is anyone aware of known compatibility issues?  If so, can you point me
to documentation, troubleshooting tips, etc?

Thanks.

Ken Banyas