Re: Solaris Postgres

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Solaris Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> I asked because we're working on an inhouse app using postgres, the team
>> wants to use 8.4...   I had previously packaged 8.3.7 in solaris package
>> format only to have it come out as a patch a month or two later, so I
>> was hoping to save myself the redundant effort.
>>

> You can use community build [1] which is compiled similar way as
> official Solaris packages. Or you have to wait to Solaris next release.

thats what we're using now, and in fact, my packages for 8.3 were built
from the community build prior to it being included in U7 or whatever.

the main thing I miss from the community builds is having the SMF
manifest [1], and I've figured out how to hack my own by using Sun's 8.x
release manifest and methods files as a template..

anyways, thanks for the update.

[1] http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/selfheal/sdev_intro.jsp