Re: Solaris Postgres

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Solaris Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> John R Pierce píše v út 15. 09. 2009 v 19:53 -0700:
>
>> anyone on the PG team privvy to Sun Solaris patches for postgres?   like
>> patch 138826-04 is Postgres 8.3.7 for Solaris10 Sparc...   138827-04 is
>> the same for Sol10 x86...
>>

> What is wrong on this? It is standard Solaris way how to deliver fixes.

nothing wrong, I was just describing the release mechanism for the sake
of any readers unfamiliar with how Solaris distributes postgres releases.

>> I'm curious if anyone has a clue how long before Sun releases PG 8.4.x
>> in Solaris 'patch' format ...
>>

> Currently S10 is shipped with three version (8.1, 8.2, 8.3) of
> PostgreSQL. There is no plan to integrate PG8.4 into S10 at this moment.
> However I'm finalizing integration into Nevada and 8.4 will appear in
> the next OpenSolaris release.

ok, I asked because I'm pretty sure Sol10 originally only came with 8.1,
and 8.2 then later 8.3 were added as part of incremental updates (don't
know offhand which update added what)

so, in mainstream solaris as opposed to opensolaris, 8.4 isn't likely to
be released any time soon?

I asked because we're working on an inhouse app using postgres, the team
wants to use 8.4...   I had previously packaged 8.3.7 in solaris package
format only to have it come out as a patch a month or two later, so I
was hoping to save myself the redundant effort.