Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Drifting off topic so I'm no longer ccing the lists.

Sam Mason wrote:

>> The perl Fuse::DBI module's example  sounds pretty similar to the
>> system you described where he "file" seems to be a column in a table.
>> http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin/fuse_dbi.html
>
> FUSE looks pretty easy to get going and I think I'd want more control
> over how files were presented than this gives so I'd probably end up
> rolling my own code.  Thanks for pointing out that FUSE though, not sure

I FUSE really more the framework that wraps around your code.

There are applications using fuse that expose gmail as a filesystem.

Here's a simple example that uses FUSE to expose a
perl HASH and a few hello-world-like perl functions.
http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/NOSEYNICK/Fuse-Simple-1.00/README

> why I'd not thought of it before.  I'll probably still never get around
> to it, but maybe I will!

It's actually easy enough that I wouldn't be surprised if you
try it, and get it working just for fun even if noone uses it.

Сообщение: Re: Low values for cached size
Сообщение: Re: Low values for cached size