Re: Vacuum analyse after a long time without one ...

От Lewis Kapell
Тема Re: Vacuum analyse after a long time without one ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I think you've missed Tom's point.  You need to set maintenance_work_mem
based on the physical capacity of your system.  If it (the parameter) is
set too high, your operating system will encounter errors when trying to
satisfy the requests that Postgres is making.

Also as Tom just pointed out, there is a difference between work_mem and
maintenance_work_mem.

Thank you,

Lewis Kapell
Computer Operations
Seton Home Study School

Nicolas Michel wrote:
> Tom Lane a écrit :
>> Nicolas Michel <nicolas.michel@lemail.be> writes:
>>> I have a problem with a database. The last full vacuum analyse was made
>>> long time ago... So I tried to start launching a vacuum analyse and I
>>> get this error :
>>
>>> $ vacuumdb -az
>>> vacuumdb: vacuuming database "postgres"
>>> VACUUM
>>> vacuumdb: vacuuming database "mexi"
>>> vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "mexi" failed: ERROR:  out of memory
>>> DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 134697600.
>>
>> What is your maintenance_work_mem setting?  It rather looks like it's
>> more than your system will really allow.
>>
>>             regards, tom lane
>>
> I already tried to set the work_mem setting to the max value I can but
> it changed nothing.

Сообщение: Re: Vacuum analyse after a long time without one ...
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum analyse after a long time without one ...